Big Library Read Big Library Read
Adam Sockel

Cabin in the woods

I think I would have done more to make their home more habitable, getting the open orifices closed off from mice and snakes.  The waterfall and location sounds fun to me.

DonnaM    0

I grew up on a large farm, an old farmhouse with no indoor plumbing.  Not the conditions I live in at all now and though there were simple elements I miss (especially the animals and walks in the woods) I would not want to go back to that lifestyle without money.  Of course I’d have to figure out how to do what I had to do, but choice - no.

EllieB    0
Posted (edited)

I think I could do it! But not by myself. Seems like they were a good pair to do it together. As a 23 year old who comes home to her parents' house to help out pretty frequently, I'm curious where her kids were in all of this. No way would my mom not force me to help wash, repair, etc. on their "new" home.

Edited by EllieB

Cjkaruna    2

No. Just no. I would not mind baking my own bread again, cooking things but no to the shambles, no to the holes in the roof, no to the snakes and the mud and no WiFi and the dirt and the animals. Just no, not for me. And no to an accountant/husband who doesn’t pay taxes.

if I were in that position, I would have gone in to the workforce, used the masters degree to get a well paid job. Downsized for sure,  but at least to something that was sturdy, clean and heated.