Big Library Read Big Library Read
Sign in to follow this  
Mvargas

Too excited!

Mvargas    1

I'm excited to read this book! I wasn't going to read it until I read the description because I am always reading too many books at one time, however this book's description hooked me and so I'm hoping it'll be one that I can't put down! This will be my 2nd Big library read that I'm participating in and I really enjoy being part of something like this especially the discussion part of it and I really enjoy and think that it's awesome that the author gets involves and answers questions.. happy reading everyone!!xD

• Like 1

I was a little skeptical of this title. But once I started, I couldn't put it down. And since I'm reading digitally, I can let you know that I've read 25% of the book. I only stopped because my tablet needed charged. :)

• Like 2

Sharla    0

I love Pride and Prejudice and when I read the description of this story I was excited to read another version. So far it's great.

There is a scene in the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" where Indiana Jones looks into a pit and sags back, saying "Snakes -- why does it have to be snakes?"  When I first learned of this choice for the Big Library Read, I confess I thought "Cowboys -- why does it have to be cowboys?".  I am not a Romance reader, and as far as Westerns are concerned the only Louis L'Amour book I own is "Last of the Breed".  And in that book, you cheer for the Indian.   Also, living here on the Left Coast, I couldn't find any Lacy Williams books, new or used, on either the Romance or Western shelves.  However, Big Library Read, for me, is about reading outside my comfort zone, so I dug in.  With a little research I found that Lacy Williams has (1)  a prodigious number of titles in print. (2) an incredibly focussed writing style, with a Lexile reading level to allow any recreational reader to follow the plot, (3) a website that is super-friendly with goodies and freebies for her fans, and (4) a series of books ("The Smart Indie") that shares her experiences and advice for aspiring independent author/publishers. So far I've read "Once Upon a Cowboy" from her website, made it about half way through "Cowboy Pride" and am in serious danger of becoming a fan.

• Like 1

Mvargas    1

Yes nice meeting all of you as well!!  I felt the same exact was Meredith and now Ive read 74% of the book and I hate to put it down when I have to charge my device. I hope to finish it today..although I shouldnt have checked the discussion page til after I've finished because now it seems as people are discussing the relationships I was hoping and still hoping for😊😞 but anyways it is a good read and I am very glad I decided to read it..GREAT WORK LACY

Julie M    0

Reading this was enjoyable, full of the 'period romance' misunderstandings and tempests, danger, rescue and, eventually, love. None of the characters are free from self- doubt but all are willing to defend their loved ones fiercely. Since it is a retelling it isn't QUITE a regular cowboy romance, but re-setting it to Wyoming put a new texture to the story.  Read it!

Bugs    0

An okay read but “mushy” and a very predictable ending

Sudsy    14

This is my second time reading a Big Library Read book. WHO PICKS THESE BOOKS? I don't believe that this dribble was classified as a historical novel and was compared to Pride and Prejudice. REALLY???? The characters were stereotypical, shallow and undeveloped; the plot predicable and trite. How can they think they were in love when neither couple had a truly meaningful discussion before getting married? Each time they were about to reveal something important, an interruption takes place and misunderstandings languish instead.  Language was immature with an occasional $.50 word throw in that made me pause and say "HMMM".  Would not recommend this book to anyone except someone who was having trouble sleeping. While some people called it a page turner, I would call it a page skipper.

Wish I could find something positive say about the book. Glad it was free.