Big Library Read Big Library Read
Adam Sockel

Questions for the author

Adam Sockel    33

Lacy Williams, author of Cowboy Pride, will pop into the discussion board from time to time so if you have any questions for here please submit them in this thread.

Loretta    2

I love many romances, and many westerns, but I was surprised to see this as a "big read" since they both seem a little off of what's deemed literature. What do you think makes this different from most books in the genres? Do you think people who don't typically read in the genre of the western, or romance,  will still enjoy it?

Hi, Loretta!

Romances and westerns are definitely considered more "commercial" than "literary". I believe Big Library Read wanted to do a "romance and mystery" theme for this summer's read, which I find fun since that is more my genre. :):) If you participated in the voting, you know that the nominated books for July were all more commercial than literary.

I hope most readers will find the book enjoyable, but some probably won't. And that's okay. After my first few books, I stopped trying to please everyone. I don't read negative reviews anymore. :)

• Like 1

KTF    1

Was there a conscious call to finish with Janie/Nathan over Liza/Rob? It was sweet, and I loved hearing what was going on inside all of their minds (seriously - sometimes I pretended I was hearing in Colin Firth’s voice because we don’t know enough about what Darcy thinking!), but the P&P fan in me wanted to hear their “ending.”

10 hours ago, KTF said:

Was there a conscious call to finish with Janie/Nathan over Liza/Rob?

It was what felt most natural as I wrote it. :) 

6 hours ago, Tmiller said:

Can you tell me if the Collins family had a boy or girl baby? 

It was a boy ("baby William" in chapter 19), but I just noticed a typo toward the end of the book that calls the baby a "she". Even with proofreaders, I don't always get it done perfectly!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I just finished Cowboy Pride and I must know, are the other books in this series similarly “inspired” by classic literature?

Also, I’m going to need my library to purchase more copies of Marrying Miss Marshal so I don’t have to wait too long!

Edited by Meredith Wemhoff

SammieK    0

I was wondering around what time period this novel was year wise. I know that tintype and train travel indicate the general time frame, but I was wondering what specific year/years you were working within for this story in particular?